A brief stretching session done regularly will help improve your performance and reduce your risk of injury.
Daily Running Tips For How to stretch safely and avoid injury
- The total routine need not last for more than 15 minutes.
- Stretch according to need, depending on soreness, tightness or the upcoming workout.
- Warm-up for at least 5 minutes with light jogging
- Perform stretches in a controlled and smooth manner.
- Hold each stretch for at least 15-25 seconds
- and the most important thing about stretching, don’t strain, bounce or force a stretch.