If you are one of the unlucky runners who did not secure a place in the London Marathon Ballot you may still be able to run in 2011 with a charity entry place.
Requirement for Running for Charity
The charities allocate the limited slots to runners on the basis that they will raise an agreed amount of money for the charity.
The Official Charity of London Marathon
Oxfam is the official charity of the london marathon, they have more places available than other charities.
The following charities have a set number of entry places in the Virgin London Marathon each year,
1. Macmillan Cancer Support – Make a difference to lives of people living with cancer
2. Rainbow Trust Children charity –
3. Breast Cancer campaign – Make a difference to lives of women livign with breast cancer
4. Athritis reaearch UK – Helps in finding better treatment for Athritis
5. Orchid Cancer – fighting male cancer
6. Breakthrough breast cancer – Help them in removing the fear of breast cancer for good.
7. Action for children – Protects children and yougn people from injustice, deprivation & inequality
8. Whizz Kidds – Helps disabled kid enjoy a better life
9. The stroke Association – Help those touched by stroke get the help they need.
10. Guide dogs – help those without eye sight lead a better life
11. The prostate cancer charity – Raises awareness, early detection & save a mans life.
12. British Heart Foundation – Help in beating heart diseases
13. The Anthony Nolan Trust – Helps Leukemia patients
14. Action for Hunger – Commited to providing healthy food to malnourished children
15. The St. Johns Ambulance – Providing emergency evacuation.
For contacts and details of the above charities visit the following web pages
Virgin marathon charity entry page
Runningbug london marathon charity page