Do you have a running mantra? a mantra or a word or phrase that you can repeat to yourself to cope with the pain that comes with running. It can be an invaluable tool while running a marathon.
My favorite running mantra – It’s a piece of cake…my high school rugby coach loved saying this and I have never forgotten it.
I have looked around the internet for some fabulous running mantras.
Running mantras from runners at Cool Running
- You think this is pain? This is not pain, this is you getting your butt in shape. Now move it!
- I will survive
- You are a runner this is what you do
- Of course I can do it…I’m a warrior.
- Relax and flow.
Other good running mantras
- Pain is only temporary
- Nothing lasts forever
- Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body – Famous Marine Corps Saying
- I may not be fast, but I sure ain’t last.