If you are feeling hip pain when running, it is likely the bones around the hips are suffering from a stress fracture or it is your hip tissues having a problem.
Stress Fracture of the Hip
Stress fractures are partial breaks or cracks in the bones around the hip.Read complete article on Stress Structure of the Hip : Cause, Treatment and prevention.
Hip Tissue Problems
Common Hip Tissue injuries are
- Pulled Hamstring.
- Hip Bursitis – inflammation of the hip
- Hip Snapped when running.
For more about this problems visit Health website.
Cause and Treatment of Hip Pain when running
The cause of hip pain when running is over training. The best treatment is taking a complete break from running and allow your body to heal and recover.
If the hip is in serioous pain and swollen, see your physician.
From the bbc health website I found this list
Some of the most obvious weaknesses you see in runners and joggers are:
1. Bouncing up and down too much
2. Over striding
3. Not using their hamstrings enough
4. Landing on feet too heavily
5. Breaking action on landing
6. Not using arms
7. Twist midriff side to side while running
8. The head and upper body are bent forward
9. Jogging slower than you could walk!
Most joggers and runners are biomechanically inefficient because their running technique is poor.
They don’t use the necessary body parts efficiently so when they are supposed to be enjoying themselves they are instead suffering pain.