The beauty of a 10K run is, it is an easy distance to run than the half marathon. It is not as easy as the 5k but it is challenging enough. One thing I love about the 10k is it is over with an hour.
10K Training program for a 40 – 60 minutes finish time
If you are a beginner runner and your goal is to run and finish a 10k race between 40 – 60 minutes then you might be interested in reading a PDF book by an Australian endurance coach.
Tips Inside the guide
- Building your running base
- Injury prevention
- Tips on Warm up and cool down
- Cross training exercises
- Number of times to train in a week
To download the free book click on the following link 10K running program
Happy running and all the best in you 10K race!
I read a report that said a third of Amricans are Obese while another third are overweight. It is clear to all that alot of Americans have issues with weight management.
One way to keep off excess weight is daily exercise. But, How much should one exercise to avoid tipping the scales.
Daily Exercise Hours & Minutes to Maintain Weight
I found this list from respected institutions, they all differ but they are a good guide.
- American College of Sports Medicine: Moderate activity 150 to 250 minutes a week to prevent weight gain.
- Institute of Medicine: 60 minutes a day to prevent becoming overweight.
- Department of Health and Human Services: At least 150 minutes a week for health benefits.
- American Heart Assn.: At least 30 minutes a day, five days a week, of moderate activity or 20 minutes a day, three days a week, of vigorous activity to maintain health.
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital study: 60 minutes a day for normal-weight women to maintain weight.