ING New York Marathon is held on the first Sunday of November. With 37,000 entrants who get a place based on a lottery, the number one tip should be apply for registration early.
New York Marathon Training Tips
- Train hard but remember to take a rest.
- If a day or two of training is missed due to injury or illness or other reason, don’t try to cram two days of training into one. Lost days are simply days.
- Train at your projected marathon pace.
- Try to train at the time of the day the race starts and in the predicted weather condition as much as possible.
- Do the long runs.
- Remember to stretch
- Do speed works round a track, it just makes your legs feel better.
- Listen to your body, If you feel tired take a rest, if you feel pain go easy, if the pain is too much stop running.
The good thing about NYC marathon is that it si held in November which means you can have a whole year for marathon training. 10 months of marathon training is more than enough to get you ready to finish a 42 marathon with a descent time.