1. Train hard but remember to take a rest.
2. If a day or two of training is missed due to injury or illness or other reason, don’t try to cram two days of training into one. Lost days are simply days.
3. Train at your projected marathon pace.
4. Try to train at the time of the day the race starts and in the predicted weather condition as much as possible.
5. Do the long runs.
6. Remember to stretch
7. Do speed works round a track, it just makes your legs feel better.
8. Listen to your body, If you feel tired take a rest, if you feel pain go easy, if the pain is too much stop running.
9. With 50000 race runners keep race etiquete, dont push and shove
10. Stay Hydrated, drink enough fluids.