I have just been reading/ looking at this fantastic running statistics infographic from mp3 running. It has some interesting running facts from the year 2011:-
- The average number of running shoes purchased by men was 3.9 pairs and women 2.9 pairs
- The average run miles each week for men was 27.2 and women 21.9
- The average days run each week was 4.3 for men anf 4 for women
- The average body mass index for men runners was 24.4 and women runners 22.9
- The average weight of male runners was 172.9 pound and the average for women was 137.6 lbs
- Another interesting running statistic was that Men runners are more likely to run with a spouse than women runners
Running Music for a better running experience!