Boston marathon is the oldest marathon in the world. For most runners Boston marathon is on top 100 things in life to accomplish.
Some facts about boston marathon are
- The route is hilly – four in number
- The weather can be unpredictable
- The runners are fast, thanks to the minimum standards.
10. Boston Marathon running tips
To beat these challenges Boston marathon provides every runner with a list of 10 marathon training tips.
- Train hard but remember to take a rest.
- If a day or two of training is missed due to injury or illness or other reason, don’t try to cram two days of training into one. Lost days are simply days.
- Train at your projected marathon pace.
- Try to train at the time of the day the race starts and in the predicted weather condition as much as possible.
- Do the long runs.
- Remember to stretch
- Do speed works round a track, it just makes your legs feel better.
- Listen to your body, If you feel tired take a rest, if you feel pain go easy, if the pain is too much stop running.
Source : boston marathon site