The following groups are eligible for guaranteed entry to the ING New York City Marathon.
- Members of New York Road Runners, who completed at least nine NYRR-scored, qualifying races, and who have volunteered for one event, during the calendar year.
- Entrants in the ING New York City Marathon the previous year who canceled prior to the race.
- Those who have completed 15 or more New York City Marathons.
- Those who have applied but been denied entry for the last three years in a row
- Runners who meet the following NYC marathon qualifying time standards.
- Charity runners : Runners who commit to raise money for charities listed by organisers.
- Guaranteed entry for overseas runners, (For those who live outside the United States) Guaranteed entry along with the purchase of a marathon package may be available through an Official International Travel Partner [ITP] in your country or territory.
Source ; ING New York Marathon Official Site