I read a report that said a third of Amricans are Obese while another third are overweight. It is clear to all that alot of Americans have issues with weight management.
One way to keep off excess weight is daily exercise. But, How much should one exercise to avoid tipping the scales.
Daily Exercise Hours & Minutes to Maintain Weight
I found this list from respected institutions, they all differ but they are a good guide.
- American College of Sports Medicine: Moderate activity 150 to 250 minutes a week to prevent weight gain.
- Institute of Medicine: 60 minutes a day to prevent becoming overweight.
- Department of Health and Human Services: At least 150 minutes a week for health benefits.
- American Heart Assn.: At least 30 minutes a day, five days a week, of moderate activity or 20 minutes a day, three days a week, of vigorous activity to maintain health.
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital study: 60 minutes a day for normal-weight women to maintain weight.