Vegetarian athletes are a rare breed. But there are enough athletes who are vegetarian who can inspire other vegetarians out there.
1. The most famous vegetarian athlete is Milwaukee Brewers first baseman Prince Fielder.
2. Georges Laraque, hockey player
3. Scott Jurek, ultramarathoner
4. Ben MatthewsU.S. Master’s marathon champion.
5. Paavo Nurmi, Long-distance runner, winner of nine Olympic medals and 20 world records
Diet Tip For the Vegetarian Athlete.
Meat is not the only source of protein, you can get fats and proteins from plant sources. Beans are a reliable source of protein while nuts are rich in protein and fats.
For Optimum performance all you need is a high-carbohydrate diet with enough protein and fat.”